Chief Internet & Media Officer, Elements Behavioral Health
March 2009 – September 2015
Developed and managed Internet, PR, branding, and media strategy for Elements Behavioral Health. Focused on a content-driven and brand-differentiating strategy to attract consumers in need of behavioral health treatment.
VP Access Systems (Call Center)
VP Marketing & Communications (Social Media)
Content & Media Relations Directorno
(Included Editor-in-Chief of Addiction.com & Staff)
Analyst/Conversion Optimization Specialist
Director SEM (PPC)
Included Specialized Team for Paid Search Optimization
- Led team of developers, designers, writers, editors, social media experts, and video producers
- Recruited VP and oversaw development of a high quality national Call Center that qualified potential clients and verified benefits; improved conversion rates through QA and training
- Search engine optimization, search engine marketing, social media marketing
- Experience tracking the of full life cycle of off-line conversions (click to call to admission) using advanced call tracking, Google Analytics, and Salesforce
- Promoted in-house experts/managed PR firm relationship
- Developed blog opportunities (brand and authority/link building) for multiple in-house experts on major media outlets (Huffington Post, Psychology Today, PsychCentral etc.)
- Video (concept, script writing, directing)
- TV Advertising (concept; script development; work with media buyer)
- Led development of branding for new companies (naming process, logo development, tagline development, branding); developed names /brands: Brightwater Landing, Bel Canto, Relativity, Three Strands, Javelin, and Cassava. Tagline development.
- iPhone App “iPromises Recovery Companion” featured Inc. Magazine
- Re-developed iPhone and Android App “Cassava” – advanced version of iPromises – 2015
- Negotiated acquisition of domain Addiction.com; developing the first dedicated portal for those seeking or in recovery from addiction and related co-occurring disorders
- Promises Malibu
- Promises Young Adult Program
- Promises Austin
- Right Step
- The Ranch
- Brightwater Landing
- Sundance Center
- Lucida Treatment Center
- Clarity Way
Aspen Education Group
Developed initial Internet marketing strategy for wilderness therapy programs, teen residential treatment, and therapeutic boarding schools. Internet went from 1% of business to over 40% of business at time of acquisition by CRC Health Group in 2006 for $350M.
In 2008 promoted to Director of Internet Marketing for CRC Health Group.
Managed direct-to-consumer marketing strategies for adult and teen residential treatment, therapeutic boarding schools, wilderness therapy, and weight loss camps.
Internet Marketing was responsible for over 85% of all in-bound calls to CRC Health.
Direct-to-Consumer Marketing Strategy
Successfully developed direct-to-consumer marketing strategy for mental health treatment programs, driving majority of calls for borderline personality disorder and trauma treatment programs.
Dominated search engine results and AdWords placement for trauma and borderline personality disorder for programs specializing in these issues as a primary diagnosis.
- The Ranch (TN): trauma, eating disorders, sex addiction, borderline personality disorder
- Lucida (FL): borderline personality disorder, depression/anxiety
- Malibu Vista (CA): borderline personality disorder, depression/anxiety
- Website Design
- SEO Strategy
- Content Development & Management
- Reservations & Marketing Automation System Recommendations & Implementation
- Social Media
- Branding & Logo Development Management
- Advertising Campaign & Tagline Development (Change Your Definition; Find Your Waterfall; Fitness Elevated)
Vera Appleyard also managed the initial launch of Wellspring Camps while at Aspen Education Group.